2. Fill out the form completely and accurately. Leave NO section empty or unanswered. Gather all relevant land documents. Originals are preferred. You are advised to have photocopies made for safekeeping. Original documents will be returned after your application has been processed.
3. Applicants must present valid photo-identification documents. Accepted IDs include: International Passport, National ID Card, Driver’s License, Voter Registration Card.
4. Submit completed application forms and relevant land documents to the EDOGIS Customer Service Centre along with a bank teller and bank print-out for the N50,000 premium charge. The Applicant will receive an Acknowledgement Letter, which contains a list of all documents submitted, indicating that their application was received and sent for processing.
5. The Applicant may appoint someone to represent them to EDOGIS. This appointment must be in writing. Appointment Statement forms are available from EDOGIS if needed. Note, that the authorized representative will need to have a valid ID as described in paragraph 3 above.
6. All successful Applicants will receive an Offer Letter, with an enclosed Acceptance Letter to be filled out, within one week, unless a Plot Identification Inspection is needed. Contact the EDOGIS Service Centre if you do not receive your Offer Letter after one week (weekends and public holidays exempted).
7. If required, please ensure your availability or that or your authorized representative for a Plot Identification Inspection on the designated date. Please contact EDOGIS for the next available date if you are unable to be present.
8. Return your Acceptance Letter with evidence of payment of all fees to EDOGIS. Please note that while instalment payments (maximum 3 times) are acceptable; applications cannot be further processed until full payments are received.
9. Successful Applicants will be notified by phone and or by email when their Certificates of Occupancy are ready for collection. All collections shall be at the EDOGIS Customer Service Centre within the hours of 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). We are committed to a thirty-day processing period after the Offer Letter is issued. Nevertheless, delays may occasionally occur due to reasons external to EDOGIS. Contact the EDOGIS Customer Service Centre if you have not received your collection notification after 90 days.
10. For further information refer to the Edo State Lands Administration and Geographic Information Service Law, 2018, or call the EDOGIS Customer Service Centre: +234 813 614 9787.